Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blank

Painting by Paul Mullins

I am sure you have been all sitting on the edge of your seats wondering how was Casey's move? and what's her new pad look like? or maybe I was so worried for Casey, I couldn't stop thinking about her! The good news is that I got 100% of my security deposit from the old place and in the process found out more about the building than I had the entire time I lived there. The bad news is that I used a washer in the new place that apparently wasn't hooked up...to a drain nor any kind of pipe-like device. Yes, you can imagine. This when the entire contents of my life were sitting in boxes not more than six feet away. And to add insult to injury, after mopping up that entire mess with the moving blankets–which natch then I had to wash those, too–I couldn't get the damn washer to open. And so I spent the first night–without any sheets nor any towels.

But as far as moves go, yes it was relatively painless. And the new place is relatively sweet. The dog seems to have settled in nicely, even if the all the neighbors have reminded me about a zillion times about the importance of keeping my dog on leash at all times. And the neighborhood is about as ghetto fabulous as it gets, tumbleweaves and all.

So here we are. Back to square one in a way. Filling in the blanks. And charting our way to tomorrows.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I wish I had a dog.