Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Things She Carried (and Can't Seem to Get Rid of)

Marcel Duchamp's Fountain
  1. The industrial mop bucket. This was a real Craigslist coup when originally found, but has, let's face it, rarely been seen in action. The industrial mop bucket comes in rubber-ducky-yellow, and sports a fashionable wringer to boot. This would make any janitor's day! But I can't seem to find any takers.
  2. My giant TV. I no longer really want this and it has the extra added bonus as being heavy as hell. But I will give it to you for free, my friends, and even help you to the car. Were I to need another TV in the future, I hope it could be one of those lighter, flatter models. Until then, ye old You Tubes will have to suffice.
  3. Wooden bookshelves not from Ikea. For some reason when I put it like that, this seems to scare people away instead of pique their interest. Not from Ikea was meant to imply made by hand, with genuine wood, and no assembly needed, but no one yet has been able to read between those lines.
  4. Free bbq. Ok that one went pretty quickly. Turns out it is the season for free bbqs.
  5. Charcoal gray couch. This is a couch with great bone structure not unlike some of our favoured actors (George Clooney comes to mind), but has succombed to the weight of my dog who has become quite taken with the right side of this couch. That being said, I think it is only the cushion that needs a bit of a cosmetic lift. Ladies and gentleman, this was once a very chic in that mid-century kind of way piece of furniture. And for 20 bucks, and some TLC, you could revive it's now faded career.

No comments: