Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Last

Sister Corita, 1978
Well, we have arrived to the last few weeks of my pregnancy. We have arrived to people on the street pointing at my belly and asking if I  am having a boy (I am not.) We have arrived to others telling me that I must be due any minute (I am due in 7 weeks.) We have arrived to my last trip anywhere not as a mother. We have arrived to goodbyes in other parts of the country knowing that the next time we see each other, my child will be on the outside of my body. We have arrived.

Or, I should say, we are arriving. To be honest, I am still hanging on a bit to this side of the before and after. I imagine I have a few more weeks of letting go. And I look forward to that transition. All the baby clothes and baby products, no doubt, will help me get there. As will the increasing strain of the weight I carry. But it is my heart, that I hope to soon follow.

No comments: